Budapest: Heroes' Square.

The walk back from the Szechenyi Baths took me through the Hosok Tere, "Heroes' Square."


It's hard to miss it. A large open area with beautiful statues commemorating leaders from Hungarian history, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and is flanked on either side by the Fine Arts Museum...



And the Palace of Art...


It was a beautiful day out. A Sunday morning, still before noon. The square was quiet.


It made walking and capturing the architecture of the column work and the statues easy...


And a bit fun...





I was grateful to the hotel concierge for recommending I walk back from the baths. I easily spent 30 minutes walking around the square. 

I thought about coming back and going into one of the museums. But I was drawn to the external beauty of what Budapest had to offer. Spending hours inside of museums held no interest to me when there was so much to take in outside.

Comments

Popular Posts